Through Clearer Eyes

I came across a list of some of the countries where unemployment is higher than 20%. It’s 33.8% in Macedonia, 28.6% in Armenia, 27.3% in Algeria, 25.7% in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, 23.4% in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 22.9% in South Africa, 22% in Namibia and 20.5% in Columbia. True most of us wouldn’t choose in live in most of those countries, but people in those countries are no different than we are—human beings with the same desire for stability, security and a future. Such figures and what they mean may not mean much to the some 10% among us who are unemployed, but hopefully they will help the other 90% of us view our lives, our economy and our conditions through clearer eyes.